Wednesday, June 16, 2010

The Blessing of Shabbos

The Blessing of Shabbos
Shalom Aleichem

Friends, Friday night we say “good Shabbos” to each other, to our wives, to our children. When we arrive home we realize that something happened to our house – it’s filled with angels.
Do you know who the real angels are? Our children. During the week I think that they are just children. But on Friday night, after I have purified my heart by praying with all my heart, I come home and I realize, “Master of the world! How can I ever thank You for these beautiful angels You sent into my house.”

Boachem LeShalom [Come in peace]. Children; let your coming into my house be in peace. The whole world should be filled with peace.

Barchuni LeShalom [Bless me with peace]. Children, bless me that just because of you I should be able to bring peace to the world, peace to the Holy Land, peace to every person.


Tsetchem LeShalom [Go to peace]. One day our children will build their own homes. The deepest question is: what will I give them for the way? So I bless you and me to tell our children, “When someday you leave my house, take Shabbos with you.”

You know what kind of Shabbos I have? I have the Shabbos of my father and my grandfather. And they have the Shabbos of their father and grandfather, all the way from Moshe Rabbenu and Avraham Avinu, until Mashiach is coming.

There are two kinds of angels: Angels who help us to do good, and angels who make it so very hard for us by bringing us all of the obstacles, all the trials, all the tests, and all the tribulations. Friday night I say to G-d, “Thank You for making it so hard to be a Jew, because if it was easy, it would be meaningless.”

L'Kovod Shabbos

Is there anything more beautiful in the world than a Jewish home on a Friday night? There is so much love and peace. You can see how much the parents love each other, how much the parents love their children, and how much the children love their parents.

No comments:

Post a Comment

gumgum